Check out the fun our students had in Not Sew Little on Monday at Elevate! In this class students will touch basic concepts and skills progressing to the sewing machine. Learning the basics such as how to use a pattern, pinning, cutting, and stitches.
Our teacher highlight this week is Celia Thurman!
Here are some things to know about Celia:
What classes do you teach?
Silkworms I, II, Adult Silks, (Occasionally some Dance)
What do you like to do for fun?
I usually have fun no matter what I do.
Is there a fun fact about yourself that you would like for people to know?
I will neither confirm nor deny that I am afraid of heights.
If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Why do you enjoy Elevate?
I believe in the apprenticeship model that Elevate was founded on. Having been involved here 6 years, I am getting to see the reward of this, as I have students going after careers in dance.
Thank you for making Elevate such a special place Celia!
Meet Zachary he is a student here at Elevate!
Favorite Class: Silks
Favorite Animal: Dragons
Favorite food: Meat…food
Fun Fact: “I play video games”
Favorite Color: Blue
Why do you like coming to Elevate? “It’s fun. There are nice people and I have good friends that come here. There is also good food.”
Thanks for making Elevate such a fun place to be Zachary!
Our teacher highlight this week is Caleb Owolabi!
Here are some things to know about Caleb:
– I’m privileged to teach Drama to some really bright and whimsical kids at The Elevate School in Downtown Asheville City
– I like a day away w/ a picnic basket in the backseat just in case!
– I co-own a fashion label called Mon Jean-Pierre; the quintessential crossroads of lifestyle and fashion
– I believe one can tap into his/her very own inner power by living with an eternal mindset whilst being sensitive to the spirit of the one true living God. Doing this can unlock powers inconceivable.
– I’m inspired and overjoyed to see students with an appetite for learning and, with lifted hearts & open minds, ambitiously pursue the arts. I look forward to the final performance of the year and the spectacular way in which the entire school shows the city what they’ve been learning.
Thank you for making Elevate such a special place Caleb!
Meet Zoe she is a student here at Elevate!
Favorite Class: Engineering
Favorite Animal: Bats
Favorite food: Crème Brule
Fun Fact: “I’ve been to Europe”
Favorite Color: Turquoise
Why do you like coming to Elevate? “Because it’s fun and everybody is nice.”
Thanks for making Elevate such a fun place to be Zoe!
Join Elevate this Saturday, March 4th, at WNC Parent’s Camp Expo and Kid Fest. The event is from 11-3 at the WNC Agriculture Center in Fletcher. Info, demonstrations, games, a bounce house, and more!
Hope to see you there!
“Find your summer camp! …with a variety of Asheville-area camps offering info and demonstrations. Plus, visit with area family-friendly businesses…It’s free!” – WNC Parent Camp Expo
Our teacher highlight this week is Emma Worthy! Here are some things to know about Emma:
“I teach the after-school hip hop for k-5 and the teen hip hop.
For fun… I dance. I like finding new adventures and trying out new things like skydiving, zip lining, bungee jumping, etc.
I am a cosmetologist whenever I’m not dancing. Come and see me at Illusions Day Spa of Asheville.”
If you could have any super power, what would it be? “I would like telekinesis. I always feel like I never have enough hands do things, so being able to do it with my mind would be nice.”
Why do you enjoy Elevate Life and Art? “I enjoy elevate because it teaches kids how to express themselves in many different areas through dance and even school! Elevate has some of the nicest staff members I’ve ever met! Great program.”
Thank you for making Elevate such a special place Emma!